Orthodontics/Braces – Chevy Chase, MD
Get a Straight Smile Worth Showing Off
For decades, the only option for straightening crooked teeth was wearing clunky, cumbersome metal braces. This meant that countless adults and teenagers skipped out on orthodontic treatment altogether because they didn’t want to be seen with metal wires and brackets on their teeth. Luckily, you no longer have to do that thanks to modern-day orthodontic options like Invisalign clear aligners. With this treatment, Dr. Annie Yu can subtly bring your teeth into the proper alignment, giving you a straight smile worth showing off. To get started, contact Avant Dentistry today!
Why Choose Avant Dentistry for Orthodontics/Braces?
- iTero Digital Impressions Without the Goop
- Compassionate Dentist Dedicated to Continuing Education
- Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
Invisalign® Clear Aligners
Invisalign treatment involves wearing a series of customized aligners that are made from clear plastic. Each set of aligners exerts a small amount of pressure on a specific area of the smile, gradually shifting the teeth until they’re in perfect alignment. You’ll wear these aligners for about 22 hours a day, but you can take them out at any time for easy eating and oral hygiene.
Benefits of Invisalign®
Compared to traditional metal braces, Invisalign is by far the preferred option for most patients. This might stem from the fact that the aligners:
- Don’t require you to adjust your diet or oral care routine.
- Are practically unnoticeable while they’re being worn.
- Are made from a smooth plastic that shouldn’t irritate your mouth.
- Often produce results more quickly than braces.