Emergency Dentistry – Chevy Chase, MD
Expert Care for Hurting Smiles
Maybe you bit down too hard on some crunchy food, or maybe an excruciating toothache is keeping you up at night. Whatever the case may be, you need professional attention right away. You might be tempted to make a beeline for the nearest ER, but they won’t have the specialized training to successfully treat dental problems. When a dental emergency strikes, get the expert care you need by calling Avant Dentistry. Dr. Annie Yu will get to the bottom of the issue and make sure your smile looks and feels better in no time with emergency dentistry in Chevy Chase, MD!
Why Choose Avant Dentistry for Emergency Dentistry?
- Experienced Dentist Committed to Continuing Education
- Most Dental Treatments Performed Under One Roof
- Warm, Inviting Dental Office
How We Treat Dental Emergencies
If you or a loved one is experiencing an urgent dental problem, do your best to stay calm. Take a few deep breaths, and then call our dental office. You can then expect us to alleviate the situation by:
- Scheduling your appointment – After asking about your symptoms over the phone, we’ll determine how quickly you need to come in. We can also provide first aid tips to help you manage your symptoms until then.
- Conducting an emergency exam – As soon as you reach our dental office, Dr. Yu will thoroughly examine your teeth, gums, jaw, muscles, and joints to pinpoint the source of your discomfort.
- Sharing our findings – Dr. Yu will show you the photographs she has taken of your mouth. From there, she can recommend a course of treatment, but you will be just as involved in the decision as she is.
- Caring for your smile – Once you and Dr. Yu have reached an agreement in terms of how to proceed with treatment, she’ll get started on healing your smile.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
It’s not uncommon for patients to take a “wait and see” approach when faced with a dental issue. Unfortunately, teeth can’t repair themselves, so even if the problem seems small now, ignoring it will likely lead to more serious damage down the road. Here are some examples of dental emergencies that we see often; call us if you find yourself with one of them!
Hot & Cold
Gums, Lip or
Jaw Pain or
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
All dental emergencies are different, making it impossible to give a cost estimate until Dr. Yu has had the chance to evaluate your specific situation. However, one thing that all dental emergencies have in common is the fact that putting off treatment will only make them worse over time. Basically, the longer you wait to seek care, the more likely you are to need expensive procedures than you would have if you’d called our dental office as soon as you noticed a problem.
Keys to Preventing Dental Emergencies
- Brush and floss daily to keep your teeth strong and free of infection and decay.
- Visit Avant Dentistry at least twice a year so that Dr. Yu can catch minor issues before they spiral into full-blown emergencies.
- Always wear a nightguard if you grind your teeth and a mouthguard whenever you play sports.
- Don’t use your teeth to open packaging/bottles, eat ice, chew on pen caps, or anything other than eating food.
I Need a Checkup & Cleaning I am Concerned About Bleeding Gums I Have a Cavity or Broken Tooth I am Missing One or More Teeth I Want to Enhance My Smile I Want a Straighter Smile I Have Pain in My Jaw I am Concerned About Sleep Apnea View Our Services