Root Canal Treatment – Chevy Chase, MD
Put an End to Tooth Pain
Thanks to all of the old TV shows and movies out there, people think of root canal treatment as painful and agonizing. Fortunately, thanks to modern techniques and technology, you shouldn’t feel a thing during your procedure. Root canal treatment can actually help to put an end to the tooth pain you’ve been experiencing. At Avant Dentistry, we’re happy to help. Give us a call to schedule a visit so we can determine if a root canal is ideal for you!
Why Choose Avant Dentistry for Root Canal Treatment?
- Dentist Committed to Continuing Education
- Professional, Friendly Dental Team
- We Welcome Dental Insurance
Do I Need Root Canal Treatment?
Just because you have tooth pain doesn’t necessarily mean that you need to get a root canal. However, it is one of the common signs that you could benefit from one. This treatment is ideal for teeth that have become damaged, decayed, or infected to the point where a filling or dental crown won’t do the trick. Here are some of the most common signs that root canal treatment could be right for you:
- Severe dental pain that lasts for more than 24 hours.
- New or worsening tooth sensitivity to hot/cold temperatures.
- Pain in one or more teeth when you bite down.
- Swollen, red, or tender gum tissue.
- Pimple-like bump near the painful tooth.
If you have one or more of those symptoms, give us a call so we can help you get some relief.
The Root Canal Process
Root canal therapy saves teeth that are damaged and helps to eliminate the pain you are experiencing in this area. First, you will be given a local anesthetic to ensure that you are comfortable throughout the duration of your treatment. You shouldn’t be able to feel anything in that area.
After the area has been numbed, Dr. Yu will make a small opening in your enamel to remove all of the damaged and infected tissue from the inside of your tooth. After this, she will clean and sanitize the area to make sure it’s completely free of bacteria.
Lastly, your tooth will be filled with a biocompatible material. A lot of the time, a dental crown is placed over the tooth to keep it safe from further damage.
The Benefits of Getting a Root Canal
Root canal treatment is a safe way to prevent further dental issues from arising in the future. Some of these benefits can include:
- Preserves Your Tooth: When compared to an extraction, saving a tooth with root canal therapy can save you a lot of time and money.
- Stop Harmful Bacteria: Root canal treatment cleans away harmful particles that are causing pain and discomfort.
- Painless Treatment: Root canal treatment is painless. It’s about as comfortable as getting a standard filling and requires much less healing time than a tooth extraction.